Conlons Opticians in Annan was formerly known as Stephen Rowe Opticians, owned by Rayners. In 2014, Conlons Opticians purchased Stephen Rowe Opticians in Annan, Dumfriesshire and hope to continue providing outstanding eye care and hearing care to the local public of Annan. The Conlons Annan Opticians branch can be found on 78 High Street located in the Annan town area.
Conlons has been established in Ashton-under-Lyne since 1978 after taking over Stanley Reines Opticians on Old Street. In 1979, Conlons Opticians in Ashton-under-Lyne relocated to new premises on Staveleigh Way and in 1989, moved to our present central location at 12 Mercian Way just opposite the side door of Marks & Spencers.
Conlons Opticians has been established in Barrow-in-Furness since 1974, after taking over Belfontaine's Opticians at the old ABC Cinema. In 1977 we relocated to new premises at 173 Dalton Road, then in 2005 joined forces with long-established Adams Opticians. Our new enlarged business quickly outgrew the old premises and in 2006 we moved to our present, more spacious location, across the way to 178 Dalton Road.
Conlons Opticians has been established in Carlisle since 1977 after taking over J.A.Jensens Opticians which had been in the town since 1928. We are situated in Bank Street just opposite Celebrations and The Halifax Building Society. In 2008 we joined forces with A. and S Cordes Opticians, forming a newly enlarged business in Carlisle.
Established in Dumfries since 1978, we were originally trading from Bank Street and in 1983 moved to our larger more modern location on High Street just next to the Clydesdale Bank and across the road from The Bank of Scotland.
Conlons has been established in Formby since the early 1970s. During our time on Halsall lane we have grown the business and become an integral part of village life. In July 2008 we moved premises, but not very far, joining forces with Alice Joyce Opticians. Alice Joyce at Conlons can now offer an even better service to both existing and new customers.
Conlons Opticians Heswall branch was established in 1985 and opened by the famous champion racehorse Red Rum. Conlons Opticians took over Laurie Haddon's practice who continued to work there until his retirement in 1993. After trading from 2 separate shops we finally merged to our present position in 1997. Our central location and private customer parking makes it convenient for customers travelling by car, bus or on foot. You can find us next to the fire station in the bustling "top village".
Our Conlons Kendal branch was established in January 1975 in Finkle Street and managed by Tony Barber, a local mountain rescue volunteer. In September 1988 we moved to our present location in the Westmorland Shopping Centre, you can find us on the upper level just near to the entrance to the Market Hall.
The Lancaster branch was established in January 1979 at 10 Penny Street. We soon grew too big to manage in these small premises and in 1996 we moved to our present location at 24 Penny Street next door to Marks & Spencer. In 2007 we joined forces with Michael Moon Opticians combining our experience and expertise in the optical fields.
We made our appearance in Leigh in August 1976 after acquiring Bernard Morris Opticians in Market Street. Demand soon meant that we outgrew our original premises and in 1988, the branch moved to its new larger home in the Spinning Gate shopping centre. We acquired the patient records from Showman's Opticians and Keensight Opticians who moved out of Leigh.
Conlons has been established in Liverpool since 1882 and traded from the now Head Office building in Mount Pleasant. In 1989 the three separate branches from Whitechapel, Lewis' and Mount Pleasant amalgamated to form the new flagship store for Conlons Opticians on Ranelagh Street (opposite Central Station).
The Millom Optician branch was established as a Keensight Vision Centre in January 1993 and was the successor to Hughie Tunns Opticians. In September 1997 we changed our name to become Conlons, which allowed us to increase the amount of space and include plenty of special offers for our customers. You can find us at the side of Ferguson's store on Wellington Street.
Conlons Opticians has been in Morecambe since the April 1983 after acquiring the practice of Tom Knight on Kensington Road. In 1984 the branch moved to two different sites in the town, one in West End and the other in the Town Centre. We acquired the patient records from Eric Clare Opticians and eventually amalgamated all the businesses into our existing branch in Euston Road.
Ormskirk is a traditional market town which has held street markets since 1292. Conlons Opticians has been established in Ormskirk since October 1974. In 1983 the branch moved to its new larger home here at the top of Aughton Street. We acquired the patient records from David Myers Opticians who moved out of the town. The Conlons Ormskirk branch is a bright store, offering fantastic designer glasses and sunglasses.
Penrith is a traditional market town in the Lake District. Conlons Opticians opened in Penrith in October 1999 to improve the service in the North Lakes region in the UK.
Conlons has been established in Shotton since 1948. In 1988 the Conlons Shotton branch moved to its new larger home on Chester Road West near to Lloyds TSB bank and the local train station. We acquired the patient records from Prince Opticians. Conlons Shotton is a bright store, offering fantastic designer products.
Conlons Opticians took over from Alistair Robinson Opticians when he retired in April 2014. Formerly operated by Jim Balshaw and before that Johnson Opticians, it is a well-established practice having served Ulverston and the surrounding area for over 100 years. We are centrally located at the corner of Market Street and Queen Street.
Our Conlons branch in Widnes has been there since 1946. In the 1980s the branch moved to its new larger home in Albert Road near the entrance to the Green Oaks shopping centre. Our Conlons Opticians Widnes branch has the biggest range of designer glasses and designer sunglasses around and is also a prominent provider of contact lenses.
Conlons Opticians has been established in Wigan since the December 1976 after acquiring the practice of Bernard Morris in Market Street. In December 1991 the branch moved to Makinson Arcade where we can still be found. Our Wigan Optician branch is a bright store offering a fantastic range of designer glasses and sunglasses.